Express Scripts Canada Announces Date, Details for 2012 Drug Outcomes Webinar
MISSISSAUGA, ON, May 2, 2012 /CNW/ - Express Scripts Canada, one of the largest providers of health benefits management services in Canada, today announced that it will conduct its annual Drug Outcomes Webinar, on Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
Each year, Express Scripts Canada, the country's largest adjudicator of private drug claims, offers policy makers, the health-care community and providers of health benefits unique insight into the dynamics underlying current trends in the use of prescription drugs.
This year's Web-based conference, which will be held in French at 10 a.m. ET and in English at 1 p.m. ET, will provide insight with respect to what plan sponsors - companies and organizations that provide their employees with health benefits - can expect, including a look at potential solutions for reducing waste in connection with the prescription drug benefit.
The Webinars, which are available to customers, selected broker consultant partners, members of the media, and other targeted stakeholder groups, present the findings of the Express Scripts Canada 2011 Drug Trend Report, the most comprehensive industry report of its kind in Canada.
Drug Outcomes Webinar Details
Interested parties may access the live Webinars by sending an email to request a password to ExpressScriptsCanadaOutcomesConferenceTor@express-scripts.com. The same password can be used to access the archived Webinars at http://www.express-scripts.ca/research/drug-trend-reports.
Express Scripts Canada Drug Trend Report 2011
Password-protected versions of the full Express Scripts Canada 2011 Drug Trend Report, in portable document format (PDF) in both English and French, will be posted on May 23, the day of the Webinars, to the Express Scripts Canada Web site at http://www.express-scripts.ca/research/drug-trend-reports. Passwords can be requested by sending an EMAIL to Express Scripts Canada at ExpressScriptsCanadaOutcomesConferenceTor@express-scripts.com.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of both ESI Canada and Express Scripts Canada Services, each an Ontario partnership indirectly owned by Express Scripts, Inc., is one of Canada's leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost. For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.
About Express Scripts
Express Scripts is leading the way toward creating better health and value for patients through Consumerology®, the advanced application of the behavioral sciences to health care. This approach is helping millions of members realize greater health-care outcomes and lowering cost by assisting in influencing their behavior.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Express Scripts provides integrated PBM services, including network-pharmacy claims processing, home delivery services, specialty benefit management, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug data analysis services. The Company also distributes a full range of biopharmaceutical products and provides extensive cost-management and patient-care services.
More information can be found at http://www.express-scripts.com.
* * *
EXPRESS SCRIPTS FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This material may include forward-looking statements, both with respect to us and our industry, that reflect our current views with respect to future events and financial performance. Statements that include the words "expect," "intend," "plan," "believe," "project," "anticipate," "will," "may," "would" and similar statements of a future or forward-looking nature may be used to identify forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements address matters that involve risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such statements and, therefore, you should not place undue reliance on any such statements. We believe that these factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
STANDARD OPERATING FACTORS
- Our ability to remain profitable in a very competitive marketplace is dependent upon our ability to attract and retain clients while maintaining our margins, to differentiate our products and services from others in the marketplace, and to develop and cross sell new products and services to our existing clients
- Our failure to anticipate and appropriately adapt to changes in the rapidly changing healthcare industry
- Changes in applicable laws or regulations, or their interpretation or enforcement, or the enactment of new laws or regulations, which apply to our business practices (past, present or future) or require us to spend significant resources in order to comply
- Changes to the healthcare industry designed to manage healthcare costs or alter healthcare financing practices
- The termination, or an unfavorable modification, of our relationship with one or more key pharmacy providers, or significant changes within the pharmacy provider marketplace
- Our failure to execute on, or other issues arising under, certain key client contracts
- Changes relating to our participation in Medicare Part D, the loss of Medicare Part D eligible members, or our failure to otherwise execute on our strategies related to Medicare Part D
- Our failure to effectively execute on strategic transactions, or to integrate or achieve anticipated benefits from any acquired businesses
- The impact of our debt service obligations on the availability of funds for other business purposes, and the terms and our required compliance with covenants relating to our indebtedness
- A failure in the security or stability of our technology infrastructure, or the infrastructure of one or more of our key vendors, or a significant failure or disruption in service within our operations or the operations of such vendors
- The termination, or an unfavorable modification, of our relationship with one or more key pharmaceutical manufacturers, or the significant reduction in payments made or discounts provided by pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Changes in industry pricing benchmarks
- Results in pending and future litigation or other proceedings which would subject us to significant monetary damages or penalties and/or require us to change our business practices, or the costs incurred in connection with such proceedings or could impair our ability to fully integrate acquired businesses
- Our failure to attract and retain talented employees, or to manage succession and retention for our Chief Executive Officer or other key executives
- Other risks described from time to time in our filings with the SEC